Monday, February 25, 2013

Who needs NEW jeans? Make the old ones FUN!!!

So, if you haven't noticed, the price of EVERYTHING is going up, up, UP!!! With six kids, I have a hard enough time affording new pants every time one of them grows out of their jeans, or more often, when my youngest blows the knees out of his jeans.  (I mean seriously, this child has been through THREE, yes THREE pant lengths since school started in August, he's killing me with the growth spurts already! The falling down and putting holes in one and/or both knees is icing on the cake!!)

My husband is totally against holes in pants and thinks they all need to be thrown out, I on the other hand say patch those babies up and keep wearing them!  I won't BUY them with holes in them but I won't throw them out b/c of them either! 

So, I can't take FULL credit for the idea, just for bringing it to you!! I dug into my craft bin and found all my old felt to patch the holes in my sons jeans while my husband was gone so that when he got home, he would see how useful , and cool looking, it could be!  

I cut out some white zig zags and put it on some red felt to make a mouth with fangs out of the main hole, then I just cut some circles out of white and black to sew over them to make eyes!  Now he has little faces over both of his knees to keep them warm and the pants functional in my husbands eyes!  It saves me money, looks awesome, and is really fun!  



The best part?  Now I can wait to spend money on more jeans!

No comments:

Post a Comment